Sunday, June 5, 2011

Fun, HOT Sunday

Wow I blinked and the day was gone already.  Did I mention it was a sauna here today, because goodness gravy it was...almost 100 degrees and HUMID!

We started the day off by going to church.  I had nursery so I didn't get to go into "big" church but enjoyed my little 2's and 3's to the fullest.  After church we came home to find Lolli and Stephanie at our house.  Long story short (I'll save the MANY details for Lolli to tell) they were supposed to leave from an airport close to our house today to go to Destin for a week of vacation.  Apparently, there was a mistake and they got to hang out with us for the afternoon until their other plane left out tonight.  We went and ate lunch at Blue and White. If you are a local, you know they have some GOOOOOD food.  I had never eaten there before but it was so me great country cookin' (fried chicken, potatoes and gravy, mac n' cheese, greens, green beans, homemade yeast rolls, peach cobbler and so much more)!  YUMMY!  Then we took Lolli and Steph back to the airport for their evening flight.  

We came back home to rest just for about an hour or so and then left to go to our annual church picnic.  It was sooo fun but SOOOO hot.  It was almost miserable the first few hours because it was so hot but we had a great turnout and the food was delicious too, but the company was the best!  And if you'll believe it, I didn't take a single picture (shocker I know!) except for this one pic of Brayden on my phone.  He was so sweaty and dirty I just couldn't resist...gross!  

Then we decided to do our Couch to 5K run tonight instead of tomorrow morning.  So me, along with Mary Beth, Amber and Destin all came over to run while Brandon and Andrew went swimming with all the kiddos (and Clay and his crew)!  Wow such a fun day but I am worn out!  Looking forward to a fun swim day tomorrow with lots of friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment