Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Beginning of Summer

This will be somewhat of a random post so be forewarned.  We have spent alot of time at the pool the last few days and yesterday we had lots of friends over (over 20) but I didn't take ONE picture.  I know...gasp!  haha I just didn't bring it and enjoyed hanging out with friends.

When we got home from the pool yesterday, I started working in the kitchen prepping for last night's dinner and tonights.  Both recipes were delicious so I'll share them with you!

This is Sweet and Sour Chicken.  My friend Summer put this on her blog for SUYL main dishes and although I am usually not a fan of this kind of chicken, I decided to try it anyway and branch out.  It was good and most everyone liked it.  Lucy ate an entire bowl of it and Jay and I might have gone for seconds (but I won't tell!).  You can find the recipe here....Oh and I added some cooked peppers and onions to it!

Then I went ahead and got our chicken kabobs ready for tonight so they could be marinating.  I had some helpers!


The marinade for the chicken and veggie kabobs were delicious!  I got the recipe here....

Today we swam again with our friends despite the rain.  There was a 60% chance but we thought we would chance it anyway.   It did sprinkle for a while and the kids swam in the rain but we decided to go on in for lunch.  Then we went back out for the rest of the afternoon and it was great!  It felt great outside and the ladies didn't even get in and didn't get hot.  It was perfect!




Best friends :)

Boys will be boys....looking for grasshoppers and frogs!


And Mari-Morgan even pulled her 2nd tooth!

Then Lucy was sure that her tooth was loose and kept touching it and telling me it was loose haha!

Tonight for dinner Jay grilled our kabobs and they were delicious.  We also had baked corn and Brayden DE-VOUR-ED it!  Oh my word...he kept on asking for more and more and then some more.  I think he had kernels of corn coming out his ears!!!



Mari-Morgan spent the night tonight so they are watching a movie upstairs and Lucy is right up in the middle of them thinking she is one of them!  And they are very sweet to include her also.  

Oh and I made some Veggie Wraps this week that are very similar to these and were good also if you need a new lunch meal.  If you are like me, you get stuck into a rut often!

These are pics I took this past Saturday on my phone that I forgot to blog about so I had to include them. Brayden loves him some Timmy!  And if I am honest, Timmy loves him some Brayden too!  :)

Whew I think I am caught up now.  Tomorrow we are taking a much needed break from swimming and going to see a movie with some friends.  I am sure there will be at least one picture coming hehe.

OH and one more thing.  If you didn't see this on facebook already, read THIS.  It is for moms who think that no one notices all the sandwiches we fix, sippy cups we fill, the toys we clean up on a daily basis (multiple times!), clothes up off the floor and baths we give.  I was very encouraged by it and highly recommend you read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment