Friday, June 17, 2011

Phoenix, Arizona

This past week, Jay and I had the privilege of going to the Southern Baptist Convention in Phoenix, Arizona.  It was a work trip of sorts for Jay but I enjoyed going with him as well as relaxing as well.  I have alot of catching up to do on the blog from our trip so it will be in several different posts.  Be warned there are many pictures, some from my Canon while others are iphone pics.  

To begin, here are some random pics of the city.  It was very HOT while we were there but there was only 3% humidity so we didn't sweat like we would in the South.  I had never been to Arizona before so I expected it to be all dessert and no trees.  However in the city there were lots of palm trees which I loved because I felt like I was at the beach!  On the outskirts of the city in the surrounding towns, it was more of a dessert but those pics will come in a later post.


We rode the public tram to and from our hotel to the convention center everyday.  It was a neat alternative to driving although we did ALOT of walking as well.






This was the convention center where the convention was during the week.

The All-Star game will be held in Phoenix on July 12th....too bad we won't be here then.





We stayed at the Hampton Inn, very nice and cozy.

I especially loved this...

And I found made some time most days for an hour or two.







Funny moment...we bought some fresh fruit at the store to snack on in our room and we didn't have a knife, so my dear husband cut it with a plastic knife haha!


Beautiful city...hopefully we will be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment