Thursday, June 9, 2011

Master bathroom/closets overhaul

This last week I spent a lot of time starting my Spring cleaning.  I usually start with one room and clean everything in it...baseboards (some painting if needed), wipe down doors, cabinets, reorganize all, vacuum, clean fans, blinds, windows, light fixtures etc.  I started with my closet and took everything out and reorganized all of it.  However I noticed a BUNCH of black scuff marks on the walls and that bothered me so I thought I would do some touch up paint.  However, I didn't realize that it wasn't the same color because the paint looks different when wet.  So I was left with a bigger mess ugh!

So my few hour project turned into a 3 day project.  I had to go to Walmart and buy new paint and paint the whole thing.  Then the next day I was able to put everything back in it with pretty walls.  :)  

My makeshift bracelet/necklace organizer.....

Then I did Jay's closet...

My bathroom was this color and it is 5 year old paint job and I don't like the color anymore so I decided to go ahead and paint it too.

I painted it neutral khaki just like my closet and I even let Karis and her friend Ellie "help" me do this section.  Of course I had to paint over it but she had so much fun.

Those of you who deep clean, why is it that we don't realize how gross things are until we start the cleaning?!    For the record, I had never noticed this (and I am a clean freak!) on my ceiling partly because the light is always shining so it is hard to see but take a look at this nasty thing!
GROSS!  There was more dust and dirt where that came from but no longer!  My bathroom, bedroom and closets are spic and span and now it is time to start on another room.  Here's to having a clean house!!!

Newly painted bathroom...

1 comment:

  1. I love your new bathroom and paint job/ organization in the closet! I have started my Spring cleaning as well! It is hard work, but the reward afterwards is so gratifying.

    ReplyDelete