Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day to the men in my life!

My dad has always been my hero.  I am a daddy's girl and have always been!  He has always been the constant in my life even when other things were twirling around me.  He always loved me unconditionally, was protective of me, wanted the best for me, served us without complaint, sacrificed for us and supported us in anything we ever did.  

I know how important it is for daddy's to love their daughters especially unconditionally so that they don't go searching for that love somewhere else someday.  I am the first to tell you I ALWAYS felt loved and adored by my dad.  I not only didn't need to go searching for love someplace else, but I had VERY high standards for that person that was going to love me for the rest of my life.  My dad had instilled in me how important and loved I was in the eyes of God and by him.

One of my favorite memories of my dad growing up was early on, whether we wanted to or not, he got us up early for school, helped us get ready and made time for us all to sit down at the morning table and do a devotional together before school.  I had no idea then how important that really was but I do now and am so thankful for it.  He always set a Godly example for us, held his tongue when necessary and was quick to apologize if he wronged us.  I admire so much about him.  

My husband wouldn't be the amazing father he is today without these two men shaping his life from the time he was very young.

This is Jay's real dad Larry.  He looks likes his father and has alot of the same personality traits as him and it is so important for me to understand his roots and where he "came" from.  This is Pap and we celebrate him today as well!  This pic was taken on Father's Day in 2009 when he came for a visit from Florida.  We don't get to see him very often but are going there in July and are so excited!  Happy Father's Day Pap!

This is Jay's step-dad Kevin and he is just as much a father figure to Jay as his real dad is. He has been in Jay's life since he was very young and has loved Jay as if he were his own.  He is such a compassionate, loving man and shaped Jay to who he is today.  We (I) am so thankful for him and for the example he set for Jay throughout the years! We love you Pop-Pop and celebrate you today!  Happy Father's Day!
**Pop-Pop just had emergency surgery on Friday on his arm (his tricept was "shredded" from a weight-lifting accident) but is doing well as he could be.  He is home now and is slowly recovering. Pray for quick healing and minimal pain!

We love the men in our life and so thankful for them!
***Separate post for Jay coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment