Monday, April 26, 2010

We survived the storm....

It was a wonderful weekend with my family but not exactly how I wanted to spend Friday and Saturday...glued to the news.  If you were following me on Twitter or Facebook you know that I was FREAKING OUT during the storms this weekend.  I despise storms with all that is in me don't care for storms/tornadoes and go into panic mode when there is a serious threat.  Jay was gone all night Friday night and all day Saturday so I was here alone, scared to death, with 3 kids.  Of course, I didn't let them know I was afraid.  They never knew anything was different except that I had completely prepared a closest with pillows, blankets, water, shoes for everyone, and Lucy's bag.  Yes, I went there and Jay laughed hysterically when he saw it!  Hey a girl's gotta be prepared!  I know I am not alone...there are some more scaredy cats out there!   I will say I am NOT afraid of very much at all, but have been afraid of storms since I was little and it has not gotten better with age.  I know....I need to put my big girl panties on!  It's just one of those things!

But we survived and never even had to get in the closet.  But needless to say...I didn't get anything else done except glue myself to the news.  But after it was all said and done, I finally started getting back on track and got a few things accomplished.  

Karis had been randomly complaining of a sore throat for a few days but it never seemed too bad and she never ran fever.  But after waking up several times in the night Friday night crying because of it, I decided to take her in Saturday afternoon, after the storms had passed of course.  It was too late to go to her regular pediatrician and I would have had to pay a $45 weekend fee AND drive 45 minutes to the weekend clinic, so I decided to try and see if there was another option.  My mom had said she had been to the Kroger walk-in clinic before so I thought I would try that.  I decided to try a Walgreens clinic instead and I was VERY pleased with the results.  It was fairly close by, only cost me a copay, was very clean, I didn't have to wait but about 3 minutes and the doctor was SOOO nice.  Karis did have STREP though...yuck!  She never ran fever though...weird?!?!  And since it was a Walgreens, I got my prescription filled right there and it was ready in about 10 minutes!  And another part that was wonderful....the doctor that saw Karis called me the next day to check on her!!!!  I have never had a doctor do that before!  I highly recommend going to a  Walgreens walk-in clinic!  I think most of them are even open until 8:00 at night and no appointment necessary.  It was almost MORE convenient than my normal doctor!

Sunday we went to church and came home for lunch.  While the kids played outside and napped, I cleaned house and tried to catch up on laundry and my house.  Sunday night we went to a picnic with our small group and it was a blast.  I didn't get many pictures but this is one of Karis and some of her buddies that I wanted to share.  

Karis with her friends Mari-Morgan and Libby


This morning we have kept it low-key other than some laundry.  Here are some pics I took of my kiddos while playing.  

Lucy is soooo close to walking...but not yet.


Look at those teeth!


Little Miss Priss....
        


"Look Mom...I can stand all by myself!"
(She does this all the time but won't take more than one step.)




Brayden being silly!


Being sweet...


       



Playing ball...


My beautiful oldest...


And she is collecting these things (silly bands)!  Are your kids wearing these also???  I mean...shouldn't there be a limit on these things!  Pretty soon she will have them up to her elbow!


At her art desk...she spends alot of time here!



I have told you that Karis spends most of her time upside down...well, here is PROOF!



The girl loves her gymnastics what can I say?!

Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment