Monday, April 5, 2010

Resurrection Eggs

I made these Resurrection eggs this weekend and we never got to them with all that we had going on, so we did them tonight instead of doing our regular family devotion.  I had all the eggs closed and Karis and Brayden each took turns opening them one by one as we told the story of Jesus, death, burial and resurrection.  As we went back over the story, it seemed so new and fresh to them as if it was the first time they had heard it.  Brayden had tears in his eyes and kept asking, "Why???"





After we finished the last egg, they both BEGGED to do it again!  I told them tomorrow they could open up the eggs and tell ME the story.  They liked that idea...we'll see how much they remember. God's word never returns void!  It is so neat to see the Lord working in their little hearts!

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen this before, Amanda. What a neat idea! What is inside each egg? What did they symbolize, etc.?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes they were neat! I put a link up on the post that says all the specifics. You put different things in them and it tells the story of Easter. My kids loved it!

    ReplyDelete