Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Eve

 Today was a busy day of fun for us and the kids celebrating Easter.   I got the idea of doing the Resurrection cookies from Fly Through Our Window and thought it was a great idea!  I loved being able to do it with the kids.  It teaches the story of Jesus' death and resurrection through the baking process.   
       



Tasting the salt...








Smelling vinegar...


"Sharing" the smell with Brayden...


Sealing the tomb...


The last step is to seal the tomb and leave them until morning.  When you open the oven the next morning there is supposed to be hollow cookies...HOWEVER, it didn't work for us.  I altered the recipe by leaving out the pecans because Brayden is allergic and it messed up the consistency.  Oh well...I should have tried it earlier.  We'll try again next year!  At least they got the Easter story throughout the process!

----------------------------------------

We also dyed some Easter eggs!  Smart me...I decided it would be cool to do glitter eggs!   Next year, we will be doing some that aren't so messy.  I have glitter everywhere!









We also got hair cuts today...well I cut Braydens and Karis and I went and got ours cut (I got 5 inches cut off and Karis got hers cut to her shoulders...she looks so grown up!)  I also went to Walmart twice and prepped for Easter Sunday.  It was a fun day with the kiddos!  We can't wait until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment