Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Waiting to hear from GOD?

Do you ever have times in your quiet time where you KNOW that God is speaking directly to you?  Not in an audible voice but in your heart you know it was meant for this specific purpose and time in your life.  WOW the Lord has been amazing me these past few weeks and He is answering prayers I (we) have been longing for and showing me some pretty incredible things.  As you know, I am a type A, scheduler, detail person.  I like to know the hows/whens/wheres it's all gonna happen.  The Lord is teaching me a valuable lesson over and over and over again.  When I am seeking Him about details or specific prayer requests, He continues to give me an answer I don't like but teaches me patience...."Amanda, I am not giving you the details.  I am going to give the next step and see if you obey that one before I give you the next" (not those exact words of course).

Here is an excerpt of Blackaby from Experiencing God:
God's word is our guide.  The pattern in Scripture is that God always gives a direction on the front end.  He may not tell you all you want to know at the beginning, but He will tell you what you need to know to make necessary adjustments and take the first step of obedience.  Wait until the Master gives you instructions.  If you start doing before you have a direction from God, more than likely you will be wrong.  One of the most difficult things for Christians to do is wait on the Lord.  However, waiting reflects our absolute dependence on God...Only God can you the kind of specific directions to accomplish His purposes in His ways.  From God's perspective, doing His will is the highest good and results in the greatest joy...What about when God called Abraham (Abram) and said, 'Go to the land I will show you.' (Gen 12)?  That was not very specific.  It required faith.  But God did say, 'I will show you.' God always gives you enough specific directions to do what he wants you to do NOW....If you do not have clear instructions from God in a matter, pray and wait.  Learn patience.   Depend on God's timing, which is always right and best.  Don't get in a hurry.  He may withhold directions to cause you to seek Him more intently.  Don't try to skip over a relationship to start doing something.   God is more interested in a love relationship with you than He is in what you can do for Him.  If God is having you wait, he may want to develop a deeper relationship with you before He gives you your next assignment.  He may have you wait because the timing is not yet right.
Also a while back Blackaby from the workbook Experiencing God gave us a list of names, titles and descriptions of God that I have been meaning to share.  I know we are all at different places and life and struggle with very different things so I though this might help someone else that is searching for answers.

Names, Titles and Descriptions of God

  • My Advocate-Job 16:19
  • Comforter in Sorrow-Jeremiah 8:18
  • Wonderful Counselor-Isaiah 9:6
  • My strong Deliverer-Psalm 140:7
  • Our Father-Isaiah 64:8
  • A sure Foundation-Isaiah 28:16
  • God Almighty-Genesis 17:1
  • God who avenges me-Psalm 18:47
  • Our Guide-Psalm 48:14
  • Our Help-Psalm 33:20
  • Great High Priest-Hebrews 4:14
  • My Hope-Psalm 71:5
  • Righteous Judge-2 Timothy 4:8
  • Our Leader-2 Chronicles 13:12
  • Light of Life-John 8:12
  • Lord of the Harvest-Matthew 9:38
  • The Most Holy-Daniel 9:24
  • Prince of Peace-Isaiah 9:6
  • Refuge and Strength-Psalm 46:1
  • My Savior-Psalm 42:5
  • Sovereign Lord-Luke 2:29
  • My Support-2 Samuel 22:19
  • Bread of Life-John 6:35
  • My Confidence-Psalm 71:5
  • Defender of Widows-Psalm 68:5
  • Faithful and True-Revelation 19:11
  • A Consuming Fire-Deuteronomy 4:24
  • My Friend-Job 16:20
  • God of all Comfort-2 Corinthians 1:3
  • God who saves me-Psalm 51:14
  • Head of the Church-Ephesians 5:23
  • My Hiding Place-Psalm 32:7
  • Holy one among you-Hosea 11:9
  • Jealous-Exodus 34:14
  • King of Kings-1 Timothy 6:15
  • Your Life-Colossians 3:4
  • Lord of Lords-1Timothy 6:15
  • Mediator-1Timothy 2:5
  • Our Peace-Ephesians 2:14
  • My Redeemer-Psalm 19:14
  • My Salvation-Exodus 15:2
  • The Good Shepherd-John 10:11
  • My Stronghold-Psalm 18:2
  • Good Teacher-Mark 10:17

 
 Have you obeyed that first step He has given you?  If not, don't expect any more answers.  He may be waiting on you to complete that task before moving on to the next one.  What was the last thing He told you to do?  Do you even remember?
Ouch...He is stepping on my toes too.

No comments:

Post a Comment