Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter 2010

Wow what an incredible Easter Sunday!  I woke up with such joy in my heart and thankful that I had a reason to celebrate today.  I honestly don't know how people celebrate a day such as today without a REAL reason to celebrate and that is that Christ gave his life for us...so that we wouldn't have to!  THAT is the ultimate sacrifice and demonstration of love!

My sweet babies before we left for church....
        







We do not celebrate Santa or the Easter bunny however we did get the kids a few happies in their baskets.  They were very excited to say the least!



Aren't these precious feet yummy?  I could eat 'em up!


Karis showing off her new toe ring she got in her basket...she has been wanting one of these for a long time!  She was thrilled!


My four favorite people in the world!


My babies and I...
        


Church was amazing today...such a celebration and reminder that the Lord conquered the grave!  I don't see how some people do without their church family...it is one of the highlights of my week!

--------------------------------------------

This afternoon Jay's parents Nonnie and Pop-pop as well as Grandmother and Pinto came to spend the day with us. It is always good to see them and we don't get to see them enough!  Jay grilled out for us for dinner and then we did an Easter egg hunt in the front yard.





Lucy and Grandmother Lucy (this is who our Lucy was named after)


Lucy's first Easter egg hunt....









The Easter egg hunt was all good until Jay got the bright idea to throw the real dyed eggs at the tree.  Of course, Brayden's eyes lit up at this idea!  THEN it turned into an all out egg fight between Karis, Brayden, Jay and Pop-pop.  It was so funny!  Brayden nailed Pop-Pop right in the face and left glitter all over him....haha!

It was an amazing day and wonderful weather too!  

No comments:

Post a Comment