Monday, April 5, 2010

Kindergarten registration and kites

Tonight we registered Karis for Kindergarten which I have dreaded for a week now.  However it wasn't near as emotional as I thought it would be!  I actually got very excited for her and she got really excited too.  She just walked around with a big grin on her face!  Brayden just couldn't quite understand why he couldn't go with her to kindergarten! haha They did the assessment on her to see what all she knows and she did VERY well.  She knows almost all of her letters and sounds and even starting to put together some sounds to form words but we are lacking on the numbers.  We've got to work on those!  The lady kept bragging on how smart she was and she would look at me and just grin.  I was so proud of her she has been working really hard!  We also were able to walk down the K hall and look in some of the classrooms and she just kept saying, "These rooms are just SOOO cool!"  It is so hard to see your kids grow up.  It is great to watch them grow and thrive, but so hard to turn them over to someone else. But I have to remember that she is in the Lord's hands and I have to trust in that!

Today was a beautiful day in the neighborhood country.  The sun was shining, the temperature perfect and there was an incredible breeze.  After Kindergarten registration tonight, we came home just in time to get out our kites for a while before it got dark. 

        






Watching my kids grow up is so bittersweet!  

1 comment:

  1. Your children are so adorable! It was a huge day when I dropped Naomi off for her first day of Kindergarten. My mother in law went along in case I had a break down and went running back to the room to grab her. Thankfully her Kindergarten teacher was Timothys cousin so that made it much easier. Children grow up too fast and it's hard to believe that I will have a 3rd grader in the fall.

    ReplyDelete