Monday, June 4, 2012

Karis' new room

For Karis' birthday (in October), she has been saying she wanted her own room.  So we decided to go ahead and transition this Summer to get everybody settled before school started back.  This room downstairs used to be Lucy's but Lucy was also excited about moving upstairs with Brayden to her "big" girl room.  When we did our room redo a couple of months ago, I went ahead and just moved our old queen bed to Lucy's room in preparation for giving Karis a new room this Summer.  So this room has been out of sorts for several months now and I was glad to get it back in order.  Sorry this pic is after I had already started painting the trim and around windows but here is the before.....

So for the first few days of Summer I was painting and giving this new room a Karis touch.  She picked out this bedspread and I decorated the rest for her.  These aren't great quality pictures because the lighting was a little off but here it is anyway....

I made these pom-poms and painted the bookshelf...

Karis picked out these little mirrors to go over her new art desk....


We switched over Karis and Lucy's closets too which was the biggest chore.  But we survived and now everybody and every thing has its place.

I also painted her a chalkboard wall behind the door so she and her friends (or brother or sister) could doodle.  It has been a hit!

She is very proud of her new room!  She is growing up and I have mixed emotions about it.

1 comment:

  1. Love it!!!!! The colors are beautiful. You did a great job.

    Have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete