Thursday, June 14, 2012

Enjoying being mom...

Between 2 trips to grandma's house (last week with Lolli and next week with Nonnie), I have truly enjoyed my children this week.  It was a busy one with VBS every night but I spent lots of time loving on my children and spending all the time I can with them.  Being away from them some makes me appreciate the times I do have with them and I don't take them for granted.

Having 2 sick makes it easier for mom to love on her babies too.  In 10 hours on Thursday, I took both girls to 2 separate doctors and both have strep.  Lucy had it 2 weeks ago and I guess is relapsing and Karis too woke up with a sore throat. :(  We caught it pretty early with both girls so neither ever ran any fever thank goodness.  With meds, both were back to normal by the next morning and never missed a meal.  And they were both super sweet and brave at the doctor.

Waiting on meds....


Lucy wants to let her hair grow out so she can have a ponytail and pigtails like her sissy, so I am letting it grow. It is in that awkward stage right now and I want to cut it but I am not going to (other than maybe a trim).  She was super proud when sissy put her hair in pigtails the other day in the bath.

We also went to two different dentists this week too.  Karis had to get her sealants on her 6 year molars.  She was brave and said it didn't hurt at all.

We took advantage of Sonic happy hour one afternoon after Karis' dentist appointment...

We went swimming twice this week and although I was dreading the "swim with floaties" adventure, I decided to go ahead and try it with Lucy.  When I taught Karis and Brayden to swim with floaties at 3, they both cried but were over it pretty fast and then swam with floaties without my help.  Lucy didn't even cry.  I told her to keep head up, mouth closed and kick and she just took off!  Yah!  She was so proud of herself and I was one relieved momma!


My sweet boy :)

We went to the park one afternoon to play...

Lucy went to the dentist with me and sat on my lap the entire time they cleaned my teeth and "watched" them clean away...


I love these three with every ounce of me.  They are such a gift and I am blessed to call them mine.
Being a mom is soooo much work, but such an honor.  Today I am truly thankful.

1 comment: