Monday, June 4, 2012

9th Anniversary Cruise!

My mom had already planned to take the kids this past week to go to Destin for the week at her best friend's condo.  Since it was our anniversary week, we decided to go to Atlanta for the week (I wanted to go to IKEA and Jay wanted to go to a Braves game) but 2 weeks ago Jay surprised me and told me we were going on a cruise instead!  I was thrilled of course and couldn't wait to get away for a vacation with my hubby.  The first couple of days were hard because I missed the kids terribly but I focused on relaxing and spending quality time with Jay.

We went on the Carnival Ecstasy out of Port Canaveral in Orlando.



We have been on several cruises together and most of the ships are close to the same.  This is the "Serenity deck" which is adults only and it is our favorite spot on the ship.  The main pool is always really loud and lots going on including kids which we are happy to take a break from when we don't have our kids.  This one is quiet and is great for relaxing and reading which is what we like to do on vacation.

Having lunch on the ship with this handsome fella....





One of our favorite things on a cruise is the food!


The food was really good although I did try a few things that were just ok.  I did have a dessert every night though!

Every night we had cool towel animals.....

And they would leave a schedule for the next day....

Gorgeous!!!



So excited to see what the rest of the week has in store!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing surprise!!!!

    So glad both of you had a great time.

    Great pictures of all the cruise.

    ReplyDelete