Sunday, April 8, 2012

Sunday's here!

***UPDATE....several new posts below (that are backdated).  Scroll down...

Our Easter weekend has been crazy busy and as I sit here at 5:00 a.m. in the dark and quiet reflecting on what today represents, I am brought to tears as I am reminded it was my sins that placed the Lord on that cross.  Many reflect on what Good Friday/Easter stands for but what I am struck by is the other 362 days of the year that we tend to forget what He truly did for us on that cross.  It has nothing to do with bunnies or eggs, the truth behind the cross is life changing.  If only we would get the right perspective....

He didn't deserve it.  He didn't have to do it.  But He did.  And we owe Him our lives, our everything.


Why I Call It Good Friday from ignitermedia on GodTube.


Good Friday came and went but Sunday's here!  HE IS RISEN!  And He is worthy of our praise today and every other day of the year too!

I am sure you have already seen this but it's worth a look if you haven't seen it...


This is a perfect songs for today!!!  I am so thankful for the cross!








I went to Israel in 2008 with my friend Ashley and she has a great Easter post here about the Garden of Gethsemane...go check it out.  HE truly does understand....great thoughts Ashley!

HE IS RISEN!  Happy Easter Sunday to you and yours!

Matthew 28

Jesus Has Risen
 1 After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.
 2 There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. 3 His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. 4 The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.
 5 The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. 6 He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. 7 Then go quickly and tell his disciples: ‘He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.’ Now I have told you.”
 8 So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. 9 Suddenly Jesus met them. “Greetings,” he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him. 10 Then Jesus said to them, “Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee; there they will see me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment