Sunday, April 8, 2012

Our Easter Sunday!

Instead of doing Easter baskets this morning, we decided to do resurrection eggs instead.  We ate breakfast together and then went through the eggs that told the resurrection story.  It is a great way to teach kids the resurrection story in a way they understand.  They kept wanting to do them over and over again!

It's amazing to me how big the kids are getting and as I look back at pics from years past, realize how fast they are growing.  I don't have babies anymore and I have mixed emotions about it.  Here are some pics from our Easter morning, y'all know I can't post just one ha!

Easter 2012 
Karis-7, Brayden-5, Lucy-2












We had a great celebration service at Riverbend with a salvation too!  It was amazing and I love worshipping with my church family!  :)

When my parents came, they took some pics for us of the whole family....




Lolli, Pop and Allen came out for lunch and brought the kids lots of blue sugary goodness.  Lucy had a blue mouth most of the day!

Lolli has been telling Brayden she wanted him to teach her how to fish.  She has never caught one before and everytime she comes here to fish, she said she jinxes us and nobody else catches any either ha!  Brayden said he would teach her and even catch it for her and let her reel it in wink wink!










Brayden finally went and got this pamphlet out of his tackle box and said, "Here Lolli you can just read this!"  It was so funny!  It reads, "Fishing tips for a great day of fishing!"

Lolli and Pop rode in the back of the truck back to our house with the kids and they were all laughing so hard it melted my heart.  They are such great grandparents.  We are blessed to have wonderful grandparents on both sides of our family!




Here are some iphone pics I took today too...



One of the best parts of the day....the kids went home with Lolli and Pop until tomorrow!  My allergies are kicking my tail so Benadryl will be my best friend tonight and hopefully my body will let me sleep in tomorrow! :)

It was a wonderful day with our family and friends!  Indeed, He is risen and we have lots to celebrate and be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment