Saturday, April 14, 2012

Brayden's jamboree and first coach pitch game, a bday party, and one of my most embarrassing moments ever

This is Brayden's first year in coach pitch versus the t-ball the last two years and this year is also neat because Jay is one of the assistant coaches.  Our friend Brandon (Ethan and Eli's dad) is the coach and Jay and Clay are the assistants.  This also means that Brayden and Ethan are on the same team...score!  Eli is still in the t-ball league or he would be on our team too. Marybeth and I are team "moms" and stay in the dugout to help with the organization of kids/batting orders/etc.  It's a family affair!

Today was the big jamboree and the first games of the year.  It was an exciting morning at our house getting ready for the games.  We had to psyche ourselves up for the 8+ hours we were to spend on the field today....not kidding.  We got there at 8:30 and left after 4:30....yep....loooong day at the fields.  But it was still fun.  Lots of dirt and sunburns later, we survived.  When we got home tonight, we all headed straight for baths/showers and kids were in bed asleep by 7:30.  They were EXHAUSTED!  And we were too.

Oh and Marybeth and I also got asked (by our husbands/coaches) to take pics for this year so we both gladly agreed and started clicking our Canons.  Yea our team won't be lacking in the photo department this year!

These are just some I took today of Brayden and Axton and Eli's games too....






























This is Axton's first year to play t-ball.  It seemed a good idea to him at first but he burnt out really fast.  Every time I came to watch him he said, "I don't want to play baseball!"  I guess that is how it is with 3 year olds ha!  But he sure did look like a cutie in his uniform! :)





Yep these were taken during the game....

That's Ax laying down on the pitcher's mound ha!

Eli has his game today too and he was super proud!




In the midst of our crazy long day at the fields, Karis had a birthday party to go to at the skating rink.  She was so excited to go celebrate with Sydney!  Happy Bday Sydney!



Lolli and Pop also came to Brayden's last game today and we went and ate dinner with them at Chick-fil-a afterwards for dinner.  There I had one of my most embarrassing moments as a mother for sure.  I was MORTIFIED!  The kids were playing on the playground when I heard Lucy screaming from the top of the slide.  I tried convincing her to come down but she kept saying, "I can't!"  Granted she has been going up and down for months.  Then it happened.  I started seeing drops of what seemed to be water drip down all the steps all the way to the bottom.  Yea well it wasn't water.  And she had used the bathroom at the top and it was dripping everywhere.  And there were kids everywhere.  And this momma's face was beat red and I wanted to run and HIDE!  I finally convinced her to come down and convinced that little boy not to touch/splash "that" because it wasn't water, quickly told a nice, poor, pitiful guy working at Chick-fil-a of the happenings and we were OUT...THE...DOOR!  I was so mortified.  I just wanted to get out of there as fast as possible.  My mom was quick to remind me as she was catching her breath from the rolls of laughter that we will one day laugh at this.  And she is probably right.   But for today... one of my embarrassing moments EVER!

1 comment:

  1. Definitely, it was a long day. Can't wait to see pictures of this new phase.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete