Saturday, April 21, 2012

A Birth and a Wedding

What a great Saturday with lots of exciting moments!  

This morning it started off with sleeping in until 8:45!!! I couldn't believe I slept that long.  Normally I am up by 5:30-6 but we closed up our blinds and with no one waking us up for coffee, breakfast or cartoons, we slept in like champions.  It was wonderful!

Then I got some stuff done around the house, played on the computer for a while, chilled in my pj's and then browsed around Target, alone.  It was fabulous and quiet.  Did I mention it was quiet around here?  Pure bliss.  

This afternoon I went up to the hospital to see my buddy Faith who just had her 3rd baby.  She and I taught together probably 7 years ago now and still keep in touch.  She is no longer teaching either so we don't get to see each other as often as we would like, but a good friend nonetheless.  She is one of those friends to me that no longer how long we haven't seen each other, we just pick up where we left off.  Isn't it great to have such wonderful friends like that?!

Anyway, baby Andrew was born yesterday and he is just precious!  He looks just like his daddy and brother Caleb and momma just looked fabulous to have just had a baby.  It was great to get to see her and cuddle that sweet baby boy. Congrats Faith!  :)


Then I met my mom at a wedding of an old friend.  Actually my mom and the grooms mom were best friends in high school and have remained friends over the years.  So I have known him and his sister Marisa since we were born!  We got to see each other more when we were younger but now she lives in Dallas.  It was a beautiful wedding!  Sadly I didn't even get a pic of the bride and groom.

Lolli brought along Lucy although she wanted nothing to do with me.  She wanted her Lolli the whole time but I did manage a hug out of her before she went back home with her ha!  My kids do love their Lolli!  And she looked precious too.  :)

This is mom and her best friend from high school Debbie (mother of the groom)....

And this is me and Marisa....


 On the way home I walked around Walmart (alone) and it was enjoyable! :)  Then I decided to splurge and pick up a Sonic blast on the way home and it was goo-ood.  Of course I brought one home for the hubs too. :)
It was a wonderful Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment