Monday, April 2, 2012

Please tell me it isn't so....


Unfortunately my baby boy, who was just born yesterday, will start Kindergarten in the Fall.  

Monday night was registration and he, nor I, looked forward to it all week (or month!).  I think his was fear of the unknown and it just meant he would be away from home.  And as you mothers of boys know, it is hard to let them go when they "need" momma.  Brayden is ALL boy but when it comes down to it, he is a momma's boy and I like it.

Once we got there and he has his screening/assessment (letters, shapes, colors, numbers) and I was still filling out the umpteen (is this really a word?) pieces of paperwork, this sweet Kindergarten teacher took him to her room and let him check it out, play in her room, get stuff out of her treasure chest etc and when I came to get him, he (and Karis and Lucy) were in school heaven.  

Later that night when we were eating dinner we were doing high/low as a family and Brayden's high was getting to go to Kindergarten registration.

For him, the idea of Kindergarten went from being his "low" of the day that morning to his "high" of the day that night.  I am thankful for Mrs. Lady and how she transformed his view of school in just a few minutes.

Now August may not be so hard for me him. :)

1 comment:

  1. He is going to love school.

    Are any other of his friends going to the same school?

    ReplyDelete