Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sunday FUNday!

Today was a fun day with the family!  We have been so busy lately we haven't had a lot of down time lately so today was a nice change.  We didn't have much planned other than church this morning and we don't have Sunday night church (we have our community group on Wednesday nights instead).

Here are some pics we took this morning before church just because we happened to have time....








This afternoon it was pretty outside so the kids spent a lot of time playing.  Karis "made" this with a bird house and some other things around and she came inside and told me to come outside and bring my camera.  :)

Then after dinner (Hawaiian chicken a favorite by all) we walked down to the lake for some fresh air and good 'ole family quality time.  We always have a blast because there is never a dull moment.  There is always some fishin' going on, some rock throwing, tree climbing, street runnin', kid laughin' good time.



The fish were biting like crazy tonight.  In the first 15 minutes, Jay had caught more than 10 and it didn't stop for a long time!

Lucy was puttin' on a sad face for whatever reason (totally drama, she wasn't hurt) and I took this....

Literally 3 seconds later, I got this....

When Jay's fishing, the kids usually are entertained with the fish and they become their toy/friend.  Yes, I think fish handling is gross but we always shower immediately when coming in!  They were putting them on a line (stick) as Jay caught them.  He has been trying to thin out the lake some because it is getting overpopulated.  He calls it "pond management"...I mean somebody's got to do the job huh?!




As Brayden was holding the fish tonight he said, "Now THAT's what you call 'fast food'!"  He had us laughing!

Oh earlier in the day Brayden had brought these home for me. He had picked them for me by the lake and had to carry these all the way home WHILE riding his bike.  Jay said it was quite the scene ha!  I think it is so sweet when he thinks of me when he sees flowers.  He does it so often that I sometimes say, "Well who is going to do this for me next year when you are in school?!"  He always says, "I will mom!  That's my job!  I will go get you some after school!"  He can be all out mean boy, but he sure is sweet to his momma!  :)

Great day with family...fueled and ready for the busy week ahead!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful picture of them together.

    So glad you had a low key Sunday.

    Have a blessing week.

    ReplyDelete