Friday, April 20, 2012

Animals, Books and Friends

This afternoon, our friend and worker at the camp found this lovely Copperhead and brought it to show us after he killed it...yuck!  Luckily it was down by the lake and not near our house.  The kids thought it was the coolest thing!

And on the same day, our friend Mitch was fishing out at the lake and he came back with a cooler of fish to clean and eat but among all the fish was this cool fish.  If you look closer it has a smaller fish (bluefin) in its mouth.  You can see the tail sticking out and it has just been half swallowed.  Isn't it so cool?!


Today Karis got her first chapter book at school from the library and she was SOOOO proud.  She kept saying, "I didn't know I could read a chapter book!"  She was reading it proudly in the car!


Lolli offered to keep the kids this weekend so we gladly said yes! :)  My mom is so wonderful about getting the kids and letting us have breaks.  I appreciate it so much and am so thankful for her.  I hope I am able to do the same with my grandkids some day!

But Friday night Jay and I went to our friends' house Chris and Tabitha to have dinner and hang out.  They also have 3 children: Trinton, John and Ella.  We enjoyed loving on their kids since ours were at Lollis.  We had a blast and appreciate their honest friendship. Sorry for the horrible iphone pic...

Totally random but there is a great article HERE on "If you want to date my daughter"...hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment