Sunday, April 22, 2012

Jonathan's Ordination

Tonight we had the privilege of seeing my baby brother (well he is 22 and 6' 6" so not so much a baby) get ordained!  He is already in full time ministry for years and is currently a college pastor in Brandon, MS.  It was neat to be a part of and we were so proud of him!  I know that God has ordained him and has given him abilities and wisdom beyond his years.

A friend and co-worker Kyle come to speak on his behalf...

Ryan gave him a very convicting challenge....

Then his ordained friends came to pray over him....


Yea when my dad came up there to pray over Jonathan, I was CHOKED up to say the least.  I could hear my dad sobbing as he was praying so I was one big snotty mess!  Such a beautiful moment!  What an honor it must be for an ordained man to ordain his son!


My hubby Jay praying over him...

And some others who have had influence over Jonathan's life...



Pastor Danny...


Jonathan and his better half Jenna :)


Afterwards we went to Firebirds to eat with the whole crew.  Sorry for the bad pic...

Poor Karis had a busy weekend I guess because she totally fell asleep with her head on the table!  :(


 Qualifications of Deacons/Ordained Men
"8 In the same way, deacons[a] are to be worthy of respect, sincere, not indulging in much wine, and not pursuing dishonest gain. 9 They must keep hold of the deep truths of the faith with a clear conscience. 10 They must first be tested; and then if there is nothing against them, let them serve as deacons.
 11 In the same way, the women[b] are to be worthy of respect, not malicious talkers but temperate and trustworthy in everything.
 12 A deacon must be faithful to his wife and must manage his children and his household well. 13 Those who have served well gain an excellent standing and great assurance in their faith in Christ Jesus."
1 Timothy 3:8-13



"7 But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. 8What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in[a] Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith. 10 I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11 and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead."
Philippians 3:7-11


1 comment: