Saturday, September 17, 2011

September Saturday

Last night, we met up with the Tillman's to have a girls/boys night.  We met up with them to eat Mexican and then the boys (Jay, Brian, Nathan and Brayden) were going to go to a local football game but ended up just going to Lowe's because it was raining at the game.  The girls (Me, Paige, Lucy, Karis, and Mari-Morgan) went back to Paige's house for the girls to play and Paige and I to get some time to hang out.  Things have been so busy lately I feel like we haven't gotten to hang out very much lately so I was really excited.  We had a blast, although I took zero pics.  :)

Karis woke up so excited this morning because she was signed up for a cheerleading clinic at the high school today.  Today was kind of like a practice and they will perform what they learned at halftime of the football game next Friday.  She woke up early ready to go and had her clothes picked out and wanted her hair in a "high" ponytail like the cheerleaders.  Here she is before leaving...


Lucy went with me to drop her off and when the cheerleaders took the kids to the gym to start the clinic, Lucy started crying saying, "I want to go with siiiiiisssssyyyyyyy!"  I explained to her that we couldn't but we would be back to pick her up.  She seemed ok with it then.


After lunch, the kids and I went to the park so I could get in a run.  I had hoped to do 5 miles today but I seemed to struggle from the beginning so I only did 4.  I run at a park by a fire station and they were having some kind of party today so they had a blow up slide and had a big water hose connected to it.  Of course the kids wanted to do it and we had no towels or anything but I let them anyway and they were freezing afterwards but had fun regardless.  I was running so I didn't have my phone with me to take pics.  :(  We came straight in to take our baths early because they were soaking wet and covered in grass and mud ugh!

While Lucy was napping this afternoon I even got in a nap too on the couch and it was wonderful even if it was less than an hour.

The kids wanted to paint while I was cooking dinner so I let them and boy did we have some masterpieces ha!






We had a yummy dinner tonight...marinated, grilled chicken, fresh corn on the cob, carrot souffle and crescent rolls.  The carrot souffle tastes like sweet potato casserole but is a lot easier.  It is NOT low fat but so good!

Carrot Souffle
2 14.5 cans sliced cooked carrots
1 1/2 sticks melted butter
3 beaten eggs
4 1/2 tbsp. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon

Blend and bake in a greased casserole at 400 for 15 minutes, then at 350 for 45 minutes. (Double this recipe for a 9 X 13.)


Tonight we hung out in our pj's, watched football, I cleaned up the house a little, and the kids played.  

And we got in some cuddle time too...Jay with a lap full of girls.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment