Sunday, September 25, 2011

Our weekend...

This morning was my longest run yet in my training for the half marathon, like ever in my whole life!, and honestly I was dreading it all week.  I had no idea how I would survive it!  So I decided to get up early Saturday morning and get it over with instead of putting it off.  I survived although I wouldn't say it was easy.  I stopped every two miles for a 20-30 second water break but other than that, ran the whole time...1 1/2 hours! 

I know my dates and times are still off...small details.  Note to self...fix that (or get husband to!).
My knees were KILLING me afterwards.  They were sore at the end of the run and got worse throughout the day.  I was laying in bed Saturday night watching "A Walk to Remember" (one of my fav movies of all time and I cry every time I watch it) and Jay was in the den watching football and I texted him to ask him to bring me some motrin.  I was really worried I wouldn't be able to walk the next day but it really wasn't bad at all Sunday when I woke up thank goodness.  My knees have always given me a little trouble but nothing like this.  I guess I should expect it on long running days.

My hubby is a keeper y'all.  We picked muscadines last weekend and he made jelly today ALL BY HIMSELF.  I didn't even assist.  He looked it up on the internet and did it all.  I was so proud of him!




This afternoon we went and picked up Precious to spend the night so she could go see Disney on Ice with us tomorrow.  They were in the same class last year and this year are in different classes and miss playing with each other.  

This is a poster Karis made last week and wanted us all to sign it.

When Karis has Precious over, Lucy and Brayden feel like they have a friend too.  K and P are so sweet to include the siblings too!


I found this hanging upstairs...

Bedtime!

Before church Sunday morning...


After church, the weather was perfect so the girls brought their dolls outside on the fort to play with them.  I don't blame them!

Then we left to go to Disney on Ice...post coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment