Saturday, September 3, 2011

Our weekend so far...

Since school has started, Karis has wanted her friend Precious to come spend the night and we just haven't been able to before now.  But Precious was able to come home with Karis from school and spend the night.  She was thrilled!  Last night we had Karis' favorite meal (roast, homemade mashed potatoes/gravy and green beans) and they played dress up, watched a movie, and played with dolls.   They did their makeup themselves...can you tell? haha

All cozied up in their pj's....


Lucy has NOT left their sides from the second Precious walked through the door!  She loves playing with them and the big girls have been so sweet to her.  She even laid between them for an entire movie before bed.  I told her not to get up that it was movie time and she didn't move the whole movie.  We went up to check on them at 10:00 last night and everybody had fallen asleep during the movie EXCEPT Lucy!  When Jay picked her up to come down to her bed, she started crying and wanted to sleep between them ha!  

This morning was so productive!  This past week Jay and I have gone through our house and collected things to take to moms for a yard sale she is having later this month.  So Jay loaded everything up and drove it to moms while I conquered some other things in the mean time....divide and conquer!  After breakfast, I took the kids to the park so I could run.  I ran my usual 3 miles and then we went to vacuum/clean out the car (oh it was soooo bad I was embarrassed!).  Then we got back and I trimmed back bushes and then cleaned out the garage all before lunch woohoo!   I was determined to get all my "chores" done so we could enjoy the rest of the afternoon.  After lunch and a MUCH needed shower, I chilled on the couch and read my book while the kids played some and Jay watched college football.  Then while Lucy was napping, I took the other three to the pool for possibly our last swim of the season...sniff sniff.  






I finished this book and it was so good!



I had originally planned to take Precious home sometime after lunch but when I mentioned it to the girls they didn't want her to go home.  So I mentioned maybe her mom would let her stay until after dinner.  Then I said, "Well Precious when do YOU want to go home?"  She said, "Well what's tomorrow?"  I said, "We have church tomorrow but if your mom lets you, you can stay an extra day and go to church with us tomorrow."  Then Precious said, "Wellllll, how about I stay until Tuesday?"  haha  Needless to say, she is staying until after church tomorrow...I don't think her mom would go for Tuesday haha!

So we came home from swimming and everybody had baths and then we had Karis' second favorite meal, taco salad.  Jay offered to go to the store for me the other night when I was running and as I was getting out the lettuce for tonight's dinner, I noticed it looked a little different.  Check this out...

It is "living" lettuce which caught my attention.  Then I turned it over and it is living...it still had roots!  Pretty neat...never seen such a thing.

We spent the rest of the evening watching the rest of DVR'ed Ole Miss game (pitiful) while I blogged and just chilled.  I love days that are a mix of productivity and relaxation.  They are the best!  Looking forward to tomorrow and an extra long weekend!

1 comment:

  1. we eat Living lettuce all of the time! It is so yummy and makes the best salad, but it does not go far so if you have having company, 1 head only feeds about 4 adults so I have found! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete