Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Chickfila 5K 2011

When I started running back in May, I went ahead and signed up for several 5k's so that I wouldn't quit.  This was the last of the 3 5k's before running a 10K in October.  Here is our crew before running...my mom, dad, brother Jonathan, friend Ambere and some of my mom's friends as well!

It was so fun to get to run with my family again as well.  I am so proud of my mom and dad!  They have come so far....both are running and dad has lost 30 lbs. and my mom has lost 50 and is a weight watchers life member (she has reached her goal just must keep it there).  I was so glad Jonathan came to this race because we don't ever get to run together and almost run the same pace (he is a little faster than me!), and we are running the half together in December so it was fun to run with him.  He usually runs a 29:30 and I usually run a 31:30 so he convinced me to keep up with him and he promised he could get me in under 30.  Well I kept up through mile 2 and then we hit a huge hill and I got behind.  He ended up finishing at 28:01 and I came in at 29:37.  So not too bad and I achieved my goal of under 30 minutes!  Thanks Jon-Jon...13.1 here we come!!!

My running buddy Ambere before the race...


The next time I will come through this exact finish line I will be coming in from 13.1!  I think I can, I think I can, I hope I can!

Here is my Nike Ipod for the race although I just realized my dates and times are off on it.  I didn't run this in June and I certainly did NOT run it at 2:44 a.m.! Ha!  And I forgot to turn it off until I remembered about a minute after running...ugh!

The weather is absolutely perfection here today!  It was a little chilly this morning, but ended up being 70, sunny and windy, perfect for running weather!  So when we got home I got the bright idea to run my long run today.  I ended up running 7 miles in 1 hour 16 minutes, totaling 10 today.  My legs are paying for it today but the weather was in my favor today so I took advantage of it!!!

I do not post these to brag by any means because I am a really slow runner (nothing to brag about!), but I wanted to keep track of my journey to the half marathon.  It is my blog so alot of it just for the (my) record. I am the poster child that ANYBODY can do this!  I struggled on week 1, day 1 like everybody else and had to work hard to get here.  Some days are easier than others and I still have SOOO much more to learn and achieve along the way.  If you think you "can't" do it, give it a try, you might surprise yourself! AND you might actually enjoy it too!  :)

Here are some pics from late Saturday night and Sunday morning of the girls when Precious was here.

Lucy is such a girly girl!


Lucy got to sleep in between the girls on Saturday night and was soooo excited can you tell?!?!

The girls picked out coordinating outfits from Karis' closet so they could look alike.  :)

Tonight we are sitting with the windows open listening to the rustle of the leaves in the wind.  I LOVE Fall weather...bring it on!  WOOHOO!  Looking forward to great weather this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment