Saturday, December 17, 2011

Sausage Balls

Bear with me yall, I am trying to (over time) take pics of/write down recipes of my favorite recipes so that I can put them on Pinterest.  It has become my recipe database and I slowly but surely will get them all moved from paper to the web!  This will take many months though I am sure!

Grandmother's Sausage Balls
1 lb. HOT sausage
10 oz. grated sharp cheddar cheese
3 cups Bisquick (off brands do not work, I have tried)

Mix with a mixer and roll up in 1 inch balls.  Cook at 375 for 20-25 minutes.  We like ours crispy on the outside and not chewy so we usually do at least 23 minutes.  This makes approximately 65.

I usually freeze whatever I don't cook in a gallon size bag like this. Then when we want it, pop em straight out of the bag into the oven.  It takes just a couple of minutes more and taste just as good!

We love sausage balls so yummy!

1 comment:

  1. sounds a lot like how my dad makes them, but we mix the hot and mild sausage, they are so yummy.

    ReplyDelete