Thursday, December 1, 2011

Our first snow of 2011 Winter and some other things

These first 2 pics are from this past Sunday when MM came to spend the day with us and she, Karis and I watched Soul Surfer.  It is so good!!!  If you haven't rented it, do it.  It is about a Christian girl who surfs and gets her arm bit off by a shark (creepy I know but it is based on a true story) and then learns to surf again despite her obstacles.  After the movie, the girls were practicing their surfing and swimming moves ha!

MM surfing

Karis swimming back to shore on her surfboard

The other day Ax grabbed this purse and said, "I gotta go to work!" ha!

In my lack of blogging this week, I have been busy busy busy working on a dinner that Jay and I are hosting tonight.  It is a steak dinner for 80 people (pastors, staff and their wives from our association) and I am decorating for it.  I have spent all my "extra" time making centerpieces and running here and there getting last minute stuff.  This is what my house looked like the night we got our first snow in November (in years!).  I was so in "my zone" that I didn't even realize it was snowing until I finished and was getting ready to go to bed and looked outside and the ground was covered!!!


These are the centerpieces I made, 14 of them.

Hazel in her cutie kitty hat

Happy boy Everett

The kids woke up the next morning to snow although alot of it had melted already.  Brayden couldn't wait to get out and play in it.

And eat it!

The big boys Brayden and Trey were on the back deck making snow balls and throwing them at the window where Lucy and Ax were standing.  They loved it and would scream every time one would hit the window!





Then they came in to get some hot chocolate to warm up!

Everett started sitting up/tripoding this past week....

Both babies are on the move lately and migrate to the toys.  This pic makes me laugh...

 And this is the first time Hazel sat up and I happened to get it on camera!  And her grandmother came in to pick her up just in time to see it too!  :)

Yesterday I made Pioneer Woman's Coffee Cake for small group and it is super yummy.  I had a sweet little helper too! :)


I asked Brayden, "Hey bud what does your shirt say?"  He replied, "My mom rocks...cause you do!!!"  Make my heart melt!  Then I was laughing and he said, "Mom you crack me up!" Bahaha!  Love this little boy!

Big days ahead....big Christmas dinner tonight and the half-marathon in less than 48 hours.  Excuse me while I go...get sick.  I am SOOOO nervous!  EEEEKKKK!

No comments:

Post a Comment