Monday, December 19, 2011

A day of emotions...

Wow today has been a world wind of emotions to say the least.  We started off the day very anxious because Jay had a cat-scan this morning for some issues that have come up recently.  We didn't think we had anything to worry about but on any kind of procedure where they are "checking" something, you can't help but be a little anxious and the "what ifs" creep into your view and make it hazy.  

To keep from having to take all the kiddos into a procedure/office visit, he opted to go by himself and the kids and I did some shopping around the corner just in case we needed to be there.  We finished our Christmas shopping for Jay which means I am completely through (Praise the Lord!).  The results came back normal and he was released.  We were so thankful and relieved for the good news!  So we celebrated and went to Cracker Barrel for lunch per Jay's request, he couldn't eat or drink anything after midnight last night.

We finished up some errands and came home for the afternoon.  Jay kept saying he wanted to give me one of my presents early, this afternoon, because I would want it early.  I am usually not a fan of "early" presents because I like to open them on Christmas but I obliged and he and the kids made me close my eyes and placed a box in my lap.

What could it be?!?!

I opened it and was SHOCKED to say the least.  

AFTER I quit crying, I opened up my new to me/refurbished MacBook Pro and turned that bad boy on!  I have had a Mac since 2001 and I won't ever go back to PC's.  But I always get used ones and the one I currently have is old(er) and the Cd drive doesn't even work.  I was fine with that because I don't use that part too often and it still worked great.  However my sweet hubby said he wanted me to have for once, the newer of something since I usually just get his hand-me-downs.  Get this...he saved up his "extra" money (preaching over the last few months) and his Christmas bonus to purchase it so that I wouldn't be worried about the money part of it (I do the bills and am the "saver" and he is the "spender.")

I could not quit tearing up and thanking him for being so thoughtful.  I love the computer of course but the thought/method behind it was what kept getting me choked up!  He is a keeper and I am so thankful he is mine.  :)

So as I type, I am on this new computer...woohoo!

He had definitely outdone me this year and Christmas isn't even here yet!!!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats of the camera...I know you are excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH...I've got cameras on the brain. I subscribed to comments or I wouldn't have caught my mistake.

    Anyway, Congrats on the Laptop....I know you are excited! Looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, I am so thankful that the test results came back normal. I love the new computer too :) Good job Jay!!

    ReplyDelete