Sunday, December 4, 2011

Rain showers, wedding shower, and Splash

It has literally rained....all....day.  It hasn't stopped.  And it would be a great day to lay in bed in my pj's but no such luck today.  But despite the rain, it was still a fun day.

After working in the preschool class this morning at church, I went to lunch with some of my girlfriends and then ran into Target on my way to a wedding shower for a sweet friend of mine Christina.  She is getting married on January 7th to a sweet young man Landon.  YEARS ago (like at least 6) Jay and I used to tell them that they would be perfect together and here they are about to get married!!!  I could not be more happy for both of them and honored for Karis to be their flower girl in their wedding.  She is one of the sweetest people I know!

Me and Christina...33 days until the big day!

Then I took my boat and met mom to get the kids.  She has had them all weekend because of my half-marathon (she offered and I gladly accepted!).  After I picked up the kids we went to Splash at church.  Jay couldn't come with us so here is our family minus Jay.

It was a family Christmas Splash and there were rooms/booths set up to do some fun things together as a family.  Here they are decorating their own gingerbread cookies...




This picture cracks me up!  I told Lucy to smile and show me her cookie and this is what I got ha!

A little milk to wash those sugary cookies down....



Fun day but glad to get home and crash for a little bit on the couch.  Karis, Lucy and I watched The Heart of Christmas last night on TV and it was a tear-jerker (happened to be about St. Jude which I just ran the half for on Saturday).  Reminded me to cherish every moment and keep my loved ones close.  We aren't promised tomorrow and the laundry and dirt will wait on us.  Love on your babies tonight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment