Thursday, December 8, 2011

A hard week.

Wow what a few days.  After last week's busy week I was hoping for a reprieve this week.  Well that didn't quite happen.

Monday started off very productive and I got my whole house cleaned.  It was almost like "nesting" for an event I didn't know was about to occur.

Monday night Lucy woke up about 11:00 moaning and I knew it didn't sound good.  She threw up everywhere in the bed and I knew I was in for a very long day/week.  I made her a large pallet in the den floor (with LOTS of towels, blankets etc. around her) and I slept next to her on the couch.  I put sheets into wash.  She woke up about an hour later and threw up again.  Load #2 in the wash and then went back to sleep.  Luckily she didn't wake up again until 3 a.m. asking for something to drink and I knew that was good news.  She drank a cup and then went back to sleep and never got sick again.  I didn't sleep much because I was worried about her, listening for her, watching her, washing clothes etc.  You moms know how it is...ugh!

Well woke up the next morning and I knew instantly I had an infection.  Soon after Brayden's asthma got worse throughout the day and he was on breathing treatments every few hours.


After I got off work that day, I went to the doc and got some meds for my infection and we went through Chick-fil-a drive thru on the way home.  Once we got home and ate, I realized that Brayden was getting progressively worse.  I knew I had to make a decision fast.  It was supposed to snow that night and did I want to chance an asthma attack at night when we could be snowed in???  No.

So I called a friend to come over to watch the girls so I could take B to the Emergency Room.  We got there about 9:00.  Later my dad drove an hour to relieve my friend MB and ended up spending the night with us to help out just in case I needed him.  I was SOOOO thankful to have him here!  Thanks dad!!!



A couple of hours later, we were in a room.

Somebody got some sleep, somebody else did not.

We finally saw the doctor and were discharged at 2:00 a.m.  They gave him another treatment and some steroids and we headed home.  It was snowing hard on our way home but none of it seemed to be sticking.  But we woke up the next morning to this.....



A WINTER WONDERLAND!  

It was our 2nd snow of the season and schools did not let out (shocker!).  

So after 2 nights of little/no sleep, 2 antibiotics, a steroid, 3 sick people, an ER visit and multiple breathing treatments, I am hoping we are on the mend.  

OH and did I mention Jay was out of town all week in Chicago at a conference???  So in the midst of all this I was a single parent.  I am sure everyone will be perfectly healthy by the time dad gets home tonight.  Isn't that always how it works?!  :)

Karis was the only one who remained completely healthy this week....


This morning Lucy put on her "Tangled" dress and she said Brayden was her protector (her "knight in shining armor I suppose?!).  It was sweet.  He does do so well in protecting her.

Whew!  Hoping for an uneventful week next week!!!

In the midst of my rough week, I opened up my Bible to do my quiet time and this just happened to be what I read....

"Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9 But he said to me,“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:8-10
Thank you Jesus for that.  I needed reminding that despite how rough my week had been, things could have been so much worse and there are many single parents out there who do it by themselves all the time.  Instead of whining about my week, I should delight in my weakness(es), hardships and difficulties.  

Because with Christ, when I am weak, then I am strong.  His grace is indeed...enough.

3 comments:

  1. Awww....I feel ya momma! Glad to hear everyone is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Always when the husband is gone--so true! Good thing hard weeks pass and soon become distant memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You poor poor thing!!! LOVE those verses though and how wonderfully fitting!!!

    ReplyDelete