Sunday, November 22, 2009

Operation Christmas Child Missions Service

This morning was our missions service at Riverbend where we all contributed our Operation Christmas Child boxes and our family was really looking forward to it. We have been preparing them for weeks what we were doing and trying to make them understand that not every child around the world has a room full of toys like they do. I know it is hard for them to understand but they have seen numerous videos of children from around the world and we have been praying for them during our family prayer time. During our service they showed video clips of 3 missionary couples that our church supports: Levi and Lindsey, Michael and Rebecca, and Jason and Beth. It was cool to see where they are serving and how their families have adapted to a new country, culture and language. I must admit that the Lord has been working in our hearts a desire to reach the nations and this morning was no exception. There was a moment when my heart was so tender I had to fight the tears as to not make a total fool of myself.

We sang one of my favorite songs and it was so appropriate for our service this morning.
"I'll be the carrier of hope and salvation,
I'll be the carrier of light to the world,
(can't think of this line...oops)
I will go...shine your light to the world."

Before we presented our boxes

Liz and Christina counting our boxes..I think we had a few short of 100.

Afterwards we had a church wide Thanksgiving lunch and it was great fellowship and food! Our building is just about too small...can you tell?

My babies before church...


Not too sure what he was doing here but oh well...

"GO and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I will be with you always, even to the end of the age."
Matthew 28:19-20

No comments:

Post a Comment