Friday, November 20, 2009

Lucy's 6 month/Brayden's 3 year doctor visit

It's that time again...growing kids....more doctor's visits. Luckily today no one was sick...just checkups! I doubled up on 2 doctor's visits and today Lucy had her 6 month checkup and Brayden had his 3 year checkup. I was concerned Brayden wouldn't do so well due to his traumatic experience in the ER just 2 weeks ago but I think because of that visit, he wasn't scared. He did great and did everything they told him to do. I was kinda shocked!

HOWEVER, with that being said, it was the WORST doctor's visit I have ever been to. Partially because Jay was out of town and I took all three by myself. Mom did meet me for a while but had to leave before the drama began! I knew Karis and Brayden would be getting flu shots but didn't want to tell them ahead of time because I knew they would pitch a big fit. The less they know the better. So once we were in the room and the doctor had been in the kids kept asking why we weren't leaving. One of them asked "Are we getting shots?" I tried to play it off but that didn't work and they both started screaming....so loud I couldn't do anything but laugh. Karis was acting like I had cut her arms off and was shaking all over! Well they came in first for Brayden and of course we had to hold him down while Karis stood in the background screaming at the top of her lungs anticipating her shots. Then the nurse left and Brayden got ok. Then they came in to do Lucy's 5 shots (yes five) and when Lucy started screaming Brayden started screaming again, "DON'T HURT MY SISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Oh did I mention Karis was STILL screaming and hadn't let up?! Then the nurse finally had some pity on me and came and got Lucy and Brayden and took them in the hall so I could hold down Karis for her shots. She was swinging, still screaming, grabbing her pants so we couldn't pull them down and I think I saw all the way down her throat on multiple occassions! It was AWFUL! Nothing like all 3 of your kids thinking you are horrible all at the same time! Oh and forgot to mention that in the midst of all them screaming, they came in for me to sign about 3 pages of paperwork. I was alone with 3 screaming kids and you want my signature???? I am not a drinker but I am telling you I was wanting something after I left there haha!

Lucy weighed in at 15 lbs. even (23%) and was 26 1/2 inches long (69%) ...she is a growing girl!


Lolli met us there for support and to see her grandkids. She was missing them!


Dr. H said Lucy was very healthy and doing great. She was a little concerned about some muscle development so we will get that checked out soon.


Poor thing...got FIVE shots! Lots of boo-boos.

My big boy cooperating every step of the way (except the shots of course)

38 inches tall

Weighing 30 lbs.

This was pre-shots of course

Pre-prick

Post-prick (I think he didn't mind the prick but hated seeing the blood on his finger!)

WHEW! Glad that one is over!!! Next time I will make sure I have reinforcements, earplugs, muzzles and bribery!

1 comment:

  1. well girl, My hats off to you for that little adventure! Glad to know it can be done in case my day comes! I think you probably deserved the sucker and a sticker after leaving from that! =) Yay for healthy kids!

    ReplyDelete