Thursday, July 5, 2012

Children's Museum

Our friend Hazel gave the kids for their birthdays a membership to the Children's Museum.  We have been dying to go but just haven't had the time to go yet.  Since it is so hot, we decided to meet Lolli to visit it today.  The kids were pumped!







"How do I do this thing?!"




















And look who we saw there....
My best friend that passed away in a car wreck 4 years ago, Amber Mathenia, has a daughter named Ellie.  Karis and her used to play together when they were little and haven't seen each other since the day before Amber died when we had a playdate.  Here are some pics from their younger years...


Well today when we were at the Children's Museum, we saw Ellie there.  Although she didn't even hardly remember us, I about cried when I saw her!  It was so good to see her all grown up and TALL, wow!  I had to get Karis and her picture together.  :)  They have both grown up so much.  I wish they got to see each other more!

After the Children's Museum, we surprised Pop at his office to take him to lunch and give him his Father's Day gift.  We haven't seen him since so we figured he might like showing off his grandkids (what grandparent doesn't?!) at his office.  He was really surprised and had the biggest grin on his face. My kids LOVE their Pop!
Oh and he is allowed to have one picture in his cubicle and he had a pic of my kids...so sweet!

We took him to Kooky Canucks for lunch...yum!


Lucy has had strep twice since the beginning of June.  I wanted to make sure she was clear so I took her to the doctor to get a recheck.  She had to take this baby doll from Lolli's house to the doctor with us. It looks so really it is scary!


Thankfully her strep test was negative yah!  She doesn't look sick does she?!



It was a fun day with Lolli and Pop!

And with the recent passing of Trey Irwin and following stories like Lucy Krull I am so thankful and undeserving of healthy kids.  I know life can change in an instant, so I am trying hard daily to make sure I have no regrets, especially regarding my children and my faith.

2 comments:

  1. The museum is amazing. For sure a fun day for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun that y'all got to see Ellie at the museum! She has gotten so tall and grown up! My sister said she still reminds her so much of Amber. :)

    ReplyDelete