Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day and Lucy's dedication

Wow how grateful I am to be a mother on this Mother's Day to 3 incredibly beautiful, sweet, precious children God has given me.  The Lord has been so gracious...and my heart is FULL.  

Mother's Day is special to me for many reasons....my mother and mother-in-law who raised my wonderful husband, grandmothers who shaped our lives, my 3 blessings and the fact that Lucy was born on Mother's  Day 3 years ago.  And today I can add that Lucy was also dedicated on Mother's Day as well.  

First I want to say a special Happy Mother's Day to my mother.  Oh what an example she has set for me (us) and I am thankful for her and all the time, energy, late nights, heartaches, life lessons taught, meals cooked and so much more that she invested into my life.  She was/is a constant in my life and am thankful that she has the time and ability to invest in my kids as well.  As good as she was a mother to me, she is an even better "Lolli" which she would say is way more fun ha!  I love you Mom!

Happy Mother's Day to Jay's mom Cindy as well!  I am so thankful for my mother-in-love whom I treasure.  Seriously some dislike or don't get along with their MIL but I adore mine.  She is a jewel and such a bright spot in any room.  She was the constant in Jay's life when he needed it and was the support and encouragement he needed along the way.  She raised an incredible man and to her I will forever be grateful for giving me the man I adore today.  Love you Nonnie!

And to those who are celebrating those mothers who have passed, I understand and wish my grandmothers were here today to celebrate as well.  Then there are those who wish and desire to be a mother and God hasn't yet granted that request...hang in there.  God heard Hannah's prayer and he hears yours too.  Love you girls (you know who you are).

Here are some pics of my kids before church...thankful for these 3 especially today.





Since we helped start our church 5 years ago, we have not had a baby dedication service to date.  So today was the first and that is why we are just now dedicating Lucy at 3 years old.  We understand it is symbolic and of course we as a couple "dedicated" her to the Lord the day she came into our lives.   We got to celebrate this day with some very dear friends too which made it very special.

This is Amy and Adam with their two week old son Oakley, who I witnessed coming into this world just recently while taking pictures of his home birth (post still coming...waiting on Amy to post pics).  They are also Story and Meila's mom and dad and if you are a follower of the 'ole blog, you have heard their name a time or two ha! They are special to us and thankful we were able to celebrate the day with them.

This sweet family are also dear friends.  We knew Levi before he ever met Lindsey and remember the night he showed up at our house at 10:00 one night to tell us he had met the "one."  Then soon after he brought her over to meet us and within minutes we were sure they would marry.  Since they have moved overseas and happen to be home for a while and we were thrilled to celebrate with them as well with their two sons Wyatt and Tate (both mini Levi's!).








Both sides of Amy's family were there.  Amy's parents....

And Adam's family too...

Everybody now....

Three generations....

My family with my mom, dad and Uncle Allen (and our friend Cam)....


My sweet family on Mother's Day 2012...


My parents were supposed to be out of town at my brother Jonathan's house this weekend (they had already committed to them before we told them about today) but they SURPRISED us by driving early this morning to get back for Lucy's dedication!  I turned around and saw them in church and started crying!!!  What a special surprise on this Mother's Day!!!  Thanks Mom and Dad!

Lucy made this for me in her class :)

I mentioned yesterday Karis and Brayden went to a paint party at church.  This is her masterpiece....LOVE it!

I was also given several other happies this morning...

Karis presented me with several other things she had made for me at school this past week....











And this is Brayden's masterpiece he made for me yesterday.  I LOVE this one too...I have the perfect place to hang them up!

Jay has been so thoughtful today.  He brought me home these flowers...


He cooked me breakfast this morning and presented me with this gift certificate...

It is for a Spa Day of Beauty a.k.a 1 hour massage and a mani and pedi!!!  I am beyond thrilled because this is NOT something I would do for myself.  I look so forward to it and will plan it strategically!   I can't wait!  Thank you sweetheart...you are always so thoughtful.

After church we went out to eat with my parents at Qdoba and then came home for a day of relaxation.  My kids even washed the dishes in the sink WITHOUT being asked.  AND Karis washed some windows and dusted too!  


The rest of the day was spent relaxing, spending time with my kiddos, blogging, watching t.v., reading and NOT doing laundry or cleaning.  Unfortunately, it will wait on me...until tomorrow.

Today I will enjoy being a mother.  It is truly a gift.


1 comment: