Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day 2012

For Memorial Day, Nonnie and Pop-Pop rented a pontoon boat for the day at Pickwick.  It has been since Memorial Day last year since we have been on Pickwick Lake and the kids had forgotten how big the "lake" really was.  They were thinking it was like our lake (15 acres) and weren't too sure about swimming in it.  But when they saw it, Brayden said, "Look Karis...it's like the ocean!!!" haha






They didn't hesitate for one second getting in it and had a ball swimming in it...even Lucy!





Lucy enjoying her snacks...coke and lettuce ha!


Pop-Pop being our faithful driver....

My handsome honey...

Boy talk...

Getting my Lucy snuggles...


The cousin sleepover had worn this girl out and she napped on the boat for a while and looked sweet as pie....






Having a moment with his grapes ha!

Cool as a cucumber...


Brayden and Lucy even got to drive a little bit too!


Daddy and his girls...







It was a great day and we ended the evening eating dinner at Cactus Jacks for dinner before we had to head home.  

Thankful on this Memorial Day for all the men and women who have given their lives for our country.  This picture just says it all....

While we were out celebrating our family today, there are others who don't have family to celebrate with because of their sacrifice.  I hope the Lord blesses you in tremendous ways!

2 comments:

  1. Would you believe we were at the Rib Cage that weekend! How funny! Pickwick is really pretty. And, we went to the Memphis Zoo last summer for Labor Day weekend, I think, and I have honestly never been that hot in my life. I thought I would die. And, to top it off, we went in my mom's car and I forgot my STROLLER.
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete