Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Lucy's 3 yr checkup and first dentist visit

I usually put off doctor/dentist visits for the summer due to being so busy during the school year.  So the first week of summer is usually packed with all the visits we need to catch up from the year.  

Today Lucy had her 3 year check up and was excited about it actually and I was truly hoping she didn't have to get any shots because I knew that could damper a good mood fast.  Thankfully she was all caught up and didn't need any yah!



I had also planned dentist appointments today for all the kids and it would be Lucy's 1st dentist visit.  I had warned the big kids to be a "good" example because she needed this one to go really good.  They did great talking the dentist up (which they do both really like and enjoy) and she was excited about going.  In between our appointments, we went to Chick-fil-a for some lunch.

Brayden was brave and decided to go first and did a great job.  Lucy and I watched him and talked about everything she was doing so there weren't any surprises.  He was proud to show Lucy "how it was done!' ha

Of course Karis did great too, such a little perfectionist (wonder where she gets that from ha)....

It was Lucy's turn and I was nervous to be honest.  I had no idea how she would actually do when I laid her on the table.  But, to my surprise, she laid right down and opened wide.  I was so pleased!


She did have a death grip on the seat but I guess if that is the worst of the day, we are doing ok!

 Our dentist is great and for the first visit for each child, he takes their picture and sends home a keepsake for them.  Lucy remembered this when Brayden went and was excited to take her picture with him although she looks like she is trying to get as far away from him as possible!


Overall it was a great day of appointments that could have been really bad!  I was really pleased that the dentist appointment went so well...that first one is always so important and sets the precedent for all the visits in the future.  Luckily everyone's teeth look great and no one had a sign of a cavity yah!

No comments:

Post a Comment