Thursday, May 17, 2012

Karis' reading award and Brayden's winning run!

What a proud day for this momma!

Karis came home from her last day of school today and had received the highest MAP reading score!  This is a test they take several times a year to determine where their reading levels are.  I was so proud of her because she has struggled with reading some this year and has worked really hard!  She has bounced back and forth from an A to a B and then pulled off straight A's this nine weeks and then got this award too.  Way to go Karis!  Mom and Dad are sooooo proud of you and all your hard work!



Brayden had a game tonight and played great!  Everyone played really hard and it paid off because we won!  Brayden's forte is batting and although he likes the field, it isn't as much fun as batting.  

Karis with one of her buds Kennedy on the team.  I tell her mom all the time that she is way too pretty to be playing baseball ha!


Brayden hit great tonight and had several triples but the last bat he had a triple and it was the winning run of the game!!!  We were tied going into our last bat and when he came in to home, it ended up being the last play of the game.  We won!  I am surprised I have a voice today!  I was so proud of my boy!  I got it on video check it out...


As an added bonus, as the game was over we looked over the field and there was a huge rainbow!  It was beautiful and I was on cloud nine!  An awesome reminder of God's blessing over us!



And just a funny on Lucy...the other night we were at Walmart walking passed the refrigerator section and we were all freezing and had goosebumps.  She apparently forgot what they were called because she said, "Mom, I am freezing!  I got the chickmunks!" (chillbumps) We have laughed over that for days!

No comments:

Post a Comment