Saturday, May 12, 2012

Donuts and baseball

Saturdays have become one of my favorite days of the week.  I love lazy mornings and days spent with my family.  There are always so many memories made on these kind of days!

First, my daily bread...




This morning Jay had a conference all day and so the kids and I had fun together.  Lucy had both of her feet in one of Jay's flip flops, hilarious and priceless.

This sweet lady at our church, Juanita, had a paint party for the kids in our church to paint pieces for their moms for Mother's Day. Karis and Brayden both went so Lucy and I had some time to spend just the two of us around town.  We have never been to the donut shop in our town so that is the first place we headed to.  What more could a kid want than a date with mom or dad to the donut shop?!  She got to pick out some donuts to eat and some to take home for brother and sister.  She was one happy girl! :)  And I might/might not have had one or two!  She calls these glazed donuts "kanilla" (meaning vanilla) haha!  I love it and don't want to forget these cute little sayings they say!


Jay and I often write notes to each other on the mirrors with dry erase markers. Karis said she missed daddy so she left him an adorable note. :)

After donuts, Lucy and I went to several local shops that I have never been to before and we had a ball.  It was almost like we were in another town or something.  She is a good little shopping buddy.  We found out about a local triathlon for kids ages 2-8 so if you are local, check this out...so cool!  We will definitely be signing up!


Tonight Brayden's team/league was honored at the Redbirds game and he loves to do this every year (as long as Rocky gets nowhere near him!).  They were walking on the field here and I said "Wave you're famous!"  Jay even gave me the famous wave like I was the paparazzi ha!






Brayden was on the big screen so I took a picture of it.  When I showed Brayden, he said, "That's so embarrassing!"  He does NOT like to be center of attention and usually gets so embarrassed he cries.


Karis is in the pink coat down by the field.  She had just shook Rocky's hand but I couldn't get my camera out fast enough.  I know...you're shocked!

We enjoyed a fun game, great fellowship and some yummy food (pretzels, nachos and bbq nachos). Lucy is still wearing hers on her face.


Such a fun day making memories...I love my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment