Sunday, February 12, 2012

Our weekend

One of the pieces of advice my matron of honor Amber gave me before Jay and I got married was to buy and use neutral decorations in my home that way you can change it up as much as you want.  Decorations are easy to change and furniture not so much.  So that is what I did.  Most of the decorations in my home are browns and cremes so I have loved having colors on my walls.  I change paint often because it is one of the cheapest ways (maybe not the easiest but I like to paint) to change up a room.  

However, I have recently come to the conclusion I have TOO many colors in my house and most of them don't go together anymore (due to changing things up one room at a time).  So I am trying to change up the colors and neutralize the colors I don't like so much anymore.

Exhibit A
I love the stripes and wanted to keep them but this green color was a color I picked out 6 years ago when we moved in and I am tired of it.  So Friday afternoon/night I painted this room and went more neutral.


 I haven't taken a pic of the final product but here you can see the difference.  The middle strip was old paint and the others are the newer paint.

Friday night Karis ended up spending the night with Mari-Morgan and Brayden spent the night with Ethan/Eli.  No it was not planned but us but worked out in our favor.  So Lucy and I got to go on  a date with our favorite guy, daddy.  We went to Outback and Lucy was such a sweetheart.  We loved having that special time with her!

Saturday morning I ended up painting our entry way too because it was that same green color I am tired of.    I had a REALLY cute helper.  :)



We had one of our favorite breakfasts waffles and sausage.  And of course Lucy had to have her purse with her at all times (her FAV thing these days).

Saturday afternoon while Lucy was napping I decided to paint my den too.  I have hopes/plans to do some more painting/remodeling too but my house is suffering so I must do some catch up first!

Sunday after church we met up with our friends Matt and Megan (and Gideon and Charlotte who is still in the oven) to eat lunch and see their new house.  We love them and were so glad to get to spend time with them!  

1 comment:

  1. A fresh coat of paint is the best way to change.

    Can't wait to see the final result.

    ReplyDelete