Monday, February 6, 2012

Faux Canvases

I found on this site the idea of using foam insulation as a faux canvas and I have used it for several things over the past few weeks, other than just these canvases.

This was my inspiration and it can be found here....



I did make a few changes though.  First of all, couldn't ever get the Office Depot "Engineer's Print" to work.  I took my flash drive up there twice and still couldn't get it to read for some reason and it was NOT the price she indicated on the blog...more like $30 at my store.  So I opted to do the 20X24 at my local Sams instead for price of $7.99.  I did mess these up once and had to completely redo them because when I put modge podge on them I did it with a roller and the air bubbles beaded up on them and I had to tear the picture part off and start over.  But I do love the end result.  Each picture to complete cost me about $10 so for the three of these $30 total.



I do love these and will definitely be doing more of these.  They are so cheap you can change them up often to update them!

1 comment: