Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day!

We had a great Valentines this year.  We decided not to do "gifts" this year but just to do a little happy for each other.  But of course my hubby did more than he should. :)  He's sweet like that.  He brought me home a dozen white roses and some chocolates.  Then later in the day he brought me an incredibly sweet letter that made me cry and some money for me to be "crafty."  So thoughtful!


I gave him a wall decal with his favorite quote on it "The will of God will never take you where the grace of God will not protect you."  I wil post a pic when we get it up on the wall.

I started off the day cooking pink heart pancakes for my family and we all sat down and ate breakfast together.  They loved them!

The kiddos and I ate lots of sugary treats all day.  Yep everybody was on a sugar high all day!

Everett's mom brought these yummy homemade goodies...


Axton's mom brought this yummy cake....

And Trey's mom brought these yummy chocolate covered pretzels....

Hazel brought everybody Valentines...so sweet!

And of course no Valentine is Valentines without hearts.  But when did they start "sup babe?" Pretty sure that wasn't on hearts when I was little!

Karis before school....

Her Valentines to her class....

She came home with a bag of goodies....

And another look at these beauties...they had really opened up by the next morning and were so pretty!


 Karis made this sweet Valentine for me and Jay....

Brayden picked me these from the yard because it had roses on them.  So very thoughtful but not the prettiest ones I have seen haha!  What a sweetie!

Another Valentine Karis made for me.  She is such a sweetheart!

Lucy has been complaining of her ear hurting so after work I ended up taking her to the doctor on Valentines night bummer (no infection though).  However when we got home, hubs had cooked dinner for us...chicken on the grill, sweet potato casserole and lima beans.  Spending time with my 4 Valentines is better than any gift!  They are such a blessing to me.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful roses!!

    So glad you all had a happy Valentine's day.

    ReplyDelete