Friday, April 15, 2011

The tree frog that had me laughing so hard I couldn't stop!

For the 3rd Spring/Summer in a row, we have a tree frog (or 3) that comes to our living room window every night to catch bugs.  Lucy especially loves them this year but won't get anywhere near them!  Last night I attempted to take a pic of it, although I had to use to use the flash so the quality isn't great.  Also, ignore all those streaks on the window that the flash shows ha!


It disappears during the day and we have never seen it in the daylight.  However, today I spotted him on the grill right outside of the window where he always makes himself at home.

I went and got Brayden and he retrieved it!



Here is where it gets funny.  I took this picture below and then it all went down hill.  He noticed the frog "slobbered" all over him....pretty sure it wasn't slobber but I hated to break it to him at this point.  Then he tried to put the frog down and since he has never held a "tree frog" before, he had no idea that they had suctions on their feet and grasped their object very tightly.  Yea you guessed it.  He tried to put it down and it wouldn't let him.  He started screaming like a girl and his hands were flailing (and the frog flailing with his hands, still attached).  Did you hear him across the state?  It was like he had been attacked by wasps or something.  I couldn't help but laugh at the situation and I couldn't stop.  Eventually he shook it off, but I was still laughing.  And then I laughed some more.

Then he caught it with his butterfly net and put it in his bug house.  He did NOT use his hands haha!




I bet tonight, Lucy (and Brayden) will enjoy watching our pet tree frog from AFAR, through the window.  That is if we didn't scare the little guy away haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment