Thursday, April 7, 2011

HIS mercies are new every morning...

WOW...yesterday was one of THOSE days.  I should have expected it because I had an incredible time in the WORD so I know it was Satan, but it didn't leave me any less irritated.  You know what I mean, those days where nothing goes right, patience is thin, everyone is testy, you feel ugly and fat, no energy kind of day.  Our dryer and our air broke on the same day and we had service men out on top of everything else.  Apparently, it was the same kind of day for my husband.  His facebook read this...

"Has anyone ever felt like the water dam is busting in so many different places and you realized you have run out of fingers to plug the holes???"

After the kids went to bed, the hubs and I just sat in silence except for the conversation between the two of us for hours and just talked.  It was JUST what the doctor ordered.  He needed to vent, I needed adult conversation and I just love communicating with him....I need it.

But I am SOOOO thankful God's mercies are new every morning because sleep did the trick and the LORD is so faithful.  I felt like a new woman this morning and was ready to take on the day!

Today was a great day and even productive!  I was able to do some cleaning, caught up on all the laundry, everyone was in a great mood, behaving, and cooperating.  I did wake up late so I attempted my workout WITH 5 kids ha!  Actually it was great...they thought they were really doing their exercises and thought it was super fun.  They didn't last the whole 1 1/2 hours, but they thought their muscles had grown a whole 1 1/2 inches during their 10 minutes haha and then laughed at me doing all the crazy moves!  AND I did something today I have never done.  I completed the Arm/Shoulders workout and then when doing the Ab Ripper, I managed to do every ab exercise without skipping any of them....all 350 of them!  I always get through the whole thing but I usually skip some here or there to break or because they have been too hard for me to do them.  However I was able to do all of them today and I was so proud!  I am working towards that 6 pack ha!

Oh this is random but last night for dinner we had Baked Southwestern Egg Rolls for dinner and they were really good and fairly easy. 

Baked Southwestern Egg Rolls
adapted slightly from Annie’s Eats

1 cup shredded, cooked chicken breast
2 cups frozen corn, thawed
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (I used a cheddar/jack blend)
1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles, drained
4 green onions, chopped
1 tsp. ground cumin
½ tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
1 package egg roll wrappers (about 24 total)
Directions:
In a large bowl, combine everything but the egg roll wrappers. Mix well to blend. Lay an egg roll wrapper out on a work surface so that one of the corners is pointing toward you and place ¼ cup of the filling in the center. Fold the tip closest to you up over the filling, roll a bit, then take the points pointing outward and fold them in toward the center. Continue rolling into an egg roll shape until a small part of the remaining point is still free. Dip a finger in water or beaten egg and lightly brush on the edges of the free corner. Finish rolling and press to seal closed. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.
Preheat the oven to 425˚ F. Lightly oil a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place the sealed egg rolls on the baking sheet seam side down and spray the tops of the egg rolls with cooking spray. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until lightly brown, turning halfway through baking. Serve warm with salsa.
However, I didn't put in the chiles (so the kids would eat them) and it needed a little something more.  It says to dip with salsa, or I used Ranch or Sour Cream for the kids.  But I decided to rub Hummus on top and it was DELICIOUS!  I think I will add some cilantro to it next time though for that fresh herb taste. Oh and I used low fat cheese.
After I picked Karis up from school, we headed to the park to enjoy the weather.  Then we went to Sonic and then to Brayden's t-ball practice!  He was so excited and I was excited to see him play and to be outside (it's GORGEOUS today!).  










This is the "don't take a pic of me" look...


Love these sweet smiles!










Oh and tonight Karis got her first little phone call from somebody at school.  Her friend Precious called her on my phone today...how cute.  They talked for all of 3 minutes but I am afraid this a new first and there will be many more to come and hopefully not from boys anytime soon!

It was a great day...wonderful change from yesterday!  Bring on the SUPER BUSY weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I need to start with some workouts because my goal is to loose at least 5 pounds by May 29 (my girls graduation day).

    So glad you had a great time with family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this post and can't wait to try the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete