Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Egg Hunt and more..

Today we went to Cedar Hill Farms to have an Easter Egg Hunt with the family.  I found out that it was voted one of the top TEN best Easter Egg Hunts in the country!  Can you believe that...comparable to Washington, DC, New York, and Miami?! Pretty cool!



Petting the baby chickies...


Chicken show in Education Station....

Lucy loved this turkey....she kept saying, "hey turkey!!!!"

 The kids loved feeding the goats!




The chickens were running around everywhere and they kept chasing them!  Lucy liked them as long as they kept a little bit of distance.  And yes, we let her out of the stroller but she kept wanting back in because of all the animals.  I guess she felt safe.



The fattest pig ever!

ALL my kids are scared of dressed up things (Chuck E. Cheese, bunnies, anything!) but I was proud of Karis for not being scared and took a pic with him all by herself.  

Brayden and Lucy wouldn't go over there unless I did.  Hence the pic of ME with the Easter bunny. Ha!  And notice Brayden wouldn't stand on the other side.  I had to be between him and the scary creature.


We went on a hayride to get to the egg hunt...



Lucy loved it.  She kept filling her bucket up and then pouring them out and starting all over.  Then she started handing them to me saying, "Candy!"  Smart girl.





They had 3 playgrounds and here we are at one of them.


They loved the sand of course and actually it didn't get everywhere.  I didn't see a trace when we got to the car thankfully!



Hay maze



We took the kids on pony rides and there was a pony named Lucy!

Karis rode on Oreo and Brayden's pony's name was Suzy!

We bought a ride for Lucy but she was NOT having it!





We had a great time!  It was a fun place, especially for the littler kids.  We even packed lunch and had a quiet picnic just the 5 of us.

We came back just in time to give Lucy a nap (and accidentally on purpose Brayden too ha) while Karis and I went to shop a little.   I loved shopping with my little partner.  Then we went out to the docks to fish/fill up the fish feeders for a few minutes.  In just about 10-15 minutes, Brayden caught enough fish for us to add to our grill for dinner.  He caught 2 huge ones, lots bigger than daddys!



We rode back home in the back of the truck with the flopping fish and Lucy had a death grip on me ha!  Don't worry, it was on our property and not on public roads.  Karis here was holding the fish and it was flopping everywhere.

We came in and immediately took baths to get the fish smell off of us yucky!  Then daddy grilled us out some steaks and the fish that Brayden caught.  

Then we dyed eggs and I had lots of helpers!



We tried the kit that came with them but our eggs were too fat to make that work so we got out the good 'ole Sharpies and they went to town1





Loved this one!  I didn't tell them what to write and Brayden drew a cross with Jesus on it and blood dripping down.  I think he got a little help from his sissy.


Karis wanted me to write, "Jesus died on the cross" on hers.  Then she wrote above that, "I love you Jesus."


Then before bed we did our Resurrection Eggs I made last year.  It is great because it tells the story of the crucifixion and the resurrection in a way that they can understand.  If you want to make them you can google them but last years post is here.

What an incredible day!  We are so looking forward to celebrating at Riverbend tomorrow with our church family and then going to my moms house for a day of fun!  

HE'S ALIVE!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes, he's alive, amen!!!!!

    Like all the pictures.

    Great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all the pictures as usual! Glad ya'll had a great Easter!!

    ReplyDelete