Monday, July 27, 2009

The big 3-0!

I am not too sure about how I feel about entering a new decade, but I have realized that turning 30 can't be all that bad...besides it is just a number! I have been so blessed over the past 30 years and I know that whatever time God allows me on this Earth, I will continue to be blessed. Each day is a gift and although I didn't deserve it, He has rewarded me with an amazing husband, 3 beautiful, healthy children and although we are no millionaires, we are definitely rich (in love...not money).

My mom had the big kids last night so my hubby and I enjoyed a relaxing morning in our pj's, he fixed me coffee and breakfast (ok, it was the P90X breakfast...hard boiled egg whites). He even peeled them for me! He gave me my birthday gift and it was such a nice morning. We had a lunch date planned so my buddy Paige asked to keep Lucy for us. So nice! Here are some pics we took of her before we left. She is wearing a new outfit given to her by my mom's best friend Karen (Aunt KK) and doesn't she look adorable? I could take a bite out of those cheeks!



My hubby gave me Dolce and Gabbana's Light Blue perfume for my birthday and it smells so good! He picked it out himself! He did good! Now I don't have to smell like spit-up!

After dropping Lucy off at Paige's house (her first babysitter other than family), Jay and I went to eat SUSHI...yum! We both love it and crave it from time to time so we headed over to Kyoto just the two of us. Ahhh!

After lunch we had a few hours before meeting mom to pick up big kids and picking up Lucy so we headed over to a local bookstore and spent an hour or two enjoying our java and reading random books. I can't remember the last time I did that! It was much needed!

We picked up the kids and enjoyed the evening at home as a family. Did I mention I am...blessed?!

30 isn't so bad. After all, isn't it the new 20? :)

2 comments:

  1. yes it is the e 20~ and you dont look a day older than that anyway! you have a beautiful family and your life is such a joy to others! that matters more!
    Still wondering about the sleeping so log so soon with Lucy..any advice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!! Live - it - up! xo

    ReplyDelete