Monday, July 6, 2009

Just for the women out there...

...breastfeeding.

I just want to tell you it is one of my favorite things. OF. ALL. TIME.

I have breastfed all of mine. Karis for 3 months, Brayden for 5, and since I am not working full time now, hope to feed Lucy until she is a year old. If you have breastfed yours, you understand the connection you feel between you and your baby and how special it is. As I sat and nursed this morning, it hit me like a ton of bricks how incredible the process is. The Lord knew what he was doing when he designed it and how all of it just "works" when done right. There is nothing sweeter than your baby knowing you and your smell and knowing that only "mom" can give them what they need. Moments that bring me to tears are when Lucy (and my others when they nursed) look up at me and grin so big that they stop eating. Did I mention it is one of my favorite things???

I think the reason I am sentimental about it so much now is knowing this is my last baby. I am cherishing every moment with my angel Lucy and don't want to rush a second of her growing up. And hopefully for the next 10 months, I will continue to cherish the moments...even though sometimes it can be inconvenient. Because, it is one of my favorite things...ever.

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, I am tearing up just reading this!! I SO GET YOU! It truly is amazing! And that grin, the one so big they stop eating, MELTS MY HEART!! I am so grateful I am able to nurse...my #1 pet peeve with women is when they DON'T EVEN TRY or they say it's just not for them.....God truly designed a beautiful thing! I only nursed Macie for 5 months because I got an infection and couldn't get rid of it, but I plan on nursing Caleb until a year as well!! This to may be my last baby:-( Savoring every minute of it~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on this...I nursed Ava Grace for nine months until my milk supply diminished due to pumping at school every day. Hopefully, I will be able to nurse this next one for a year, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I nursed Emma Kate for a year and even though I can not say I LOVED IT....I can say it was very WORTH IT! I am looking forward to the next time I get to :)

    ReplyDelete