Sunday, May 24, 2009

Lucy is 2 weeks old!

I can't believe it has already been 2 weeks since Lucy joined us!  I have forgotten what it was like without her already (other than I know I got more sleep!).  She is such a great baby it really hasn't been much of an adjustment.  She only cries when she is hungry or going to sleep (I have always let mine cry themselves to sleep...and they have always been GREAT sleepers.)  She usually cries for about 10 minutes and then she falls asleep.  She eats like a champ and is such a calm baby!  Going from 1 to 2 kids was much harder than 2 to 3!  I have her on a schedule and can predict her pretty well.  

Lucy, at 2 weeks your schedule is as follows: 

10:30 p.m. You eat your last feeding of the day and then we go straight to bed.  You cry for a few minutes and then sleep your long stretch of the night (5 hours).
3:30 Middle of the night feeding...we are up for about 30-40 minutes and you always go right back to sleep without even crying...and I do too!
6:30 We get up for the morning. You eat and then are usually wide awake at this time.  I put you in the swing and you hang out for a while eventually falling asleep for a small cat nap.
9:30 Eat again and then I give you your bath.  I love to snuggle with you because you are always smelling so yummy and fresh.  You usually are really sleepy at this point and sleep in your bed for about 4 hours or so.  
1:30 Eat again and we play and then you nap
4:30 Eat again 
7:30 Eat AGAIN and then you go to bed until I usually have to wake you up for the 10:30 feeding.

Lucy at 2 weeks

This is where we spend most of our day.  I figured out the other day that I spend about 5 1/2 hours a day JUST feeding Lucy!  But I LOVE every minute of it!
Happy 2 week birthday my sweet girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment