Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

I couldn't miss this opportunity to point out how wonderful my mother is because she SOOOO deserves a shout-out!  My mom is a wonder woman and truly one of my heroes.  She was always on top of things when I was growing up and we never hurt for anything.  She was my friend but more importantly, a true guardian teaching me how to respect my elders and others, taught me manners, taught me MANY life lessons and then trusted me with what she had taught me and let me learn from my own mistakes, therefore truly preparing me for life.  She was such a good mom that I never wanted to disappoint her and still don't like to to this day. She not only has been a great mom to me but has also stretched out her open arms to many others that don't have a mom, have a mom that lives far away or just need a loving, honest friend.  I was glad to share her because not everyone has been blessed with a great mom as I have been.  Not only has she been a great mom to me, but an even more incredible grandmother to my kids.  She ADORES those children and would lay down her life for them.  I just hope someday I could be half the mom/grandmother that she has been to us!  

I certainly won't forget to thank my mother-in-law today too for being such a wonderful mother to my sweet husband Jay.  She was there for Jay when he needed her the most and sacrificed so much for his safety and well being.  He wouldn't be who he is today without her and for that I will be forever grateful.  He is an incredible man and the love of my life and I owe her credit for the great job she did in raising him.  She also is a wonderful grandmother as well! She loves those kids so much and they adore her as well!  

We love you Lolli and Nonnie and wish you the best Mother's Day ever!  I always want to wish all the other moms out there and hope it is a day of celebration and joy for you!

Oh and maybe, just maybe, I will be able to give both myself, Lolli and Nonnie the best Mother's Day gift ever....A BABY!  That would be awesome!  But if not, we will welcome this new baby into the world on Tuesday as planned...and that will be just as much of a blessing. :)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your sweet words. You are such a sweetie. You always made being a mom the greatest job in the world.

    Thanks to you and Jay for the precious gifts of grandchildren. You know I adore Karis and Brayden more than anything and can hardly wait to get my hands on somebody new. I am the blessed one.

    Your mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with everything said. I also wish to be just half the mother/grandmother your mom is. Thanks for sharing her, she means the world to me. Congrats, on sweet little Lucy, I guess me and your mom need to get monogramming. Can't wait to see her, I'm sure it will be the first thing Kaylee wants to do when she gets home from school.
    love,steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on Lucy Madison! I can't wait to see pics. What a great Mother's Day gift! I know Karis and Brayden must be so excited. I am very happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete