Sunday, May 24, 2009

Day with the family

Lolli came to spend Saturday night with us because it had been several days since she had seen Lucy and she was dying to see her.  We always love for her to come and hang out with us.  This is one of her favorite things to do...

My two girls
Lolli offered this morning to stay here with Lucy so that I could go to church.  I have basically been quarantined to my house for 2 weeks and I was starting to get cabin fever!  I was ecstatic about getting out although those first couple of times away from my newborn are sentimental too.  I went of course and had a wonderful time.  It was such a refresher for me, and the Lord and I had a divine appointment.  He spoke to me so clearly and I was convicted about my prayer life. Is my time with HIM duty or worship?  I am so sad to say that often times I do have the wrong attitude.  Was it something to cross of my checklist because it was something I was suppose to do or do I spend time with him because I adore him and desire to truly worship?  It was just the refreshment I needed!  Thanks Lolli!

Tonight we had a family get together at my house because most of my family is either coming back in town or leaving on a mission trip or other trip here in a week's time.  Jonathan went to Brazil this last week and was just returning home.  My mom, brother Matt and his wife Tiffany are all leaving to go on a mission trip to Guatemala this coming Wednesday and Allen is also leaving on Wednesday to move to Knoxville to go to school.  He has a summer class and then will return for a few weeks before he goes back in the Fall.   So we had some good family time celebrating it all!  Allen was also babysitting some friends' kids (our photographer friend Todd and Tara) and they got to come over and play also.  My kids were sooo excited!  

This is their little girl Quinn who loved playing with my jewelry.  She is such a cuddle bug and we took turns cuddling her.  She is so sweet!

The big kids from L to R: Cannon, Brayden (who are 2 weeks apart), Aiden, and Karis

My brother Matt and his wife Tiffany holding Lucy..they look like such naturals!  They need one of their own (someday)!!!  Tiffany just got over 10 inches cut off of her hair for LOCKS OF LOVE and her new haircut is so cute!

How precious!

Everyone eating cake celebrating Tiffany's graduation of Union and entrance into Pharmacy school in the fall...

Uncle Matt and Lucy

Cannon, Karis and Quinn

Mom spoiling Lucy :)
Such a fun day!  Please pray for mom, Matt and Tiffany as they leave for Guatemala on Wednesday.  Pray that the Lord would use them for His glory and that they would be forever changed by what He will do through them on this trip. Also pray for their safety. 

No comments:

Post a Comment